Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
contextual tab groups
posted

I'm stuggling a bit with contextual tab groups on the ribbon. Looking at the example in the documentation, it looks like you need to create them at run time. Is that right, or is there a way to design it interactively. Should I just create tabs on the main ribbon but hidden, then add them to context group, or would showing them then show the tab on the main ribbon as well - I'll have to try a little experiment. Even if that works, it would be pretty untidy - I'm going to have quite a few of these, and they'll clutter up the main ribbon design interface something rotten. Could really do with a seperate designer view for contextual tabs, I think.

Kev

Parents
No Data
    posted

It is possible to create contextual tab groups at design time. With the toolbars manager selected, expand its Ribbon property in the property grid. Then click the edit button for the Ribbon's ContextualTabGroups collection. Add and customize the groups in the collection editor and close it when you are done. Then select a RibbonTab so it is highlighted with a thick black border. Click the 'Selected Object' button in the header of the property grid to show the properties for the selected tab. Drop down the list for the ContextualTabGroup property and select the appropriate group.

Children
No Data