Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Mouse Scroll Internal Exception
posted

I have a reproducible exception that is thrown by an UltraGrid when the mouse scroll is used on a cell that does not support mouse scroll (like a regular text field).

I am able to reproduce this problem by peforming the following steps:

1. Ensure that the Grid AfterCellUpdate event has a call to DataBind().

2.  Select a value in a "DropdownList" grid cell that has a value list.

3.  Go to a different normal text cell and use the mouse scroll wheel (mine happens to have an input mask on it).

4.  Object ref error is thrown.

I have seen other problems with grids before when a DataBind() is called within certain events.  I assume that a ton of things are put into motion when a DataBind() is called....

The stack trace is like so:

Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Infragistics.Win.EditorWithCombo.ProcessOnMouseWheel(MouseEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.EditorWithCombo.OnOwningControlMouseWheel(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseWheel(MouseEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBase.OnMouseWheel(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseWheel(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)