Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to Change the EndDate and Duration in Gantt View
posted

Hi,

I Want to Change the EndDate and Duration, during CalendarInfoChanged event. I Wrote the following Code but its Not Changing. Is it Correct Code ? if Not tell me corret one.

DateTime Endate;

Endate = ultraCalendarInfo1.Tasks[0].Tasks[0].EndDateTime.Date;

Endate = Endate.AddDays(3);

double timspn = Convert.ToDouble(Endate.Subtract(ultraCalendarInfo1.Tasks[0].Tasks[0].StartDateTime.Date).TotalDays);

ultraCalendarInfo1.Tasks[0].Tasks[0].Duration.Add(

TimeSpan.FromDays(timspn));

Thank You

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello ,

The EndDate and the Duration of a Task have related each other, so if you change EndDate, Duration is calculated automatically and vice versa. So if you want to change Duration of a task it is enough to write

ultraCalendarInfo1.Tasks[0].Tasks[0].Duration = new TimeSpan(…);

(ultraCalendarInfo1.Tasks[0].Tasks[0].Duration.Add(…) comes from TimeSpan class and this method returns a new TimeSpane instance, which is extended with specific interval, it doesn’t  add  interval to the current instance of the TimeSpan object. For more information please see the next link, please note “Remarks” section: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.timespan.add%28v=vs.71%29.aspx )

I am not sure if CalendarInfoChanged event is most  appropriate event to modify a Task, because this event is fired after any property has changed in the CalendarInfo object, so modification of a Task will leads to firing of the CalendarInfoChanged event, where Task is modifying again. This could cause unexpected behavior of the component.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Children
No Data