Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Databound Ultratree problems moving nodes
posted

I have a databound Ultratree that is filled according to the recommended method by Infragistics:

objDataAdapter =

New SqlDataAdapter(String.Format("Select * From iclm order by iclm_par_id, iclm_seq_no"), sConnection)

objDataAdapter.Fill(dsResult)

Dim r1 As New Data.DataRelation("R1", dsResult.Tables(0).Columns("iclm_int_id"), dsResult.Tables(0).Columns("iclm_par_id"))

I then bind this to the Ultratree control using Standard View using a dataview:

dvView = dsResult.Tables(0).DefaultView

UltraTree1.DataSource = dvView

I control the order of the nodes using a column from the DB called "iclm_seq_no".  I allow the user to move the nodes in a level up or down by selecting.  I then update the "iclm_seq_no" with the new order.  The problem arises when I resort the dataview to update the Ultratree's order.  Any changes on the root level show but any changes to the sort order on the child levels are not reflected.

I want to avoid clearing out the Ultratree and rebinding it since all the expansions are lost and the tree basically resets itself.

Any ideas?