Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Customising appointments and owners in an UltraTimelineView
posted

I'm new to the Infragistics controls as we purchased them very recently specifically for one of the controls, namely the timeline view.

We are writing an application to keep track of equipment and to show when it was used and when it is planned to be used etc.

I have configured my TimelineView to have a CalendarInfo control associated with it as well as a CalenderLook (using the Office2007 "skin"), and followed the samples to databind my owners and the appointments. Now I have sample data in my control and it all works nicely.

However, I would like to know how I change the color of the bar for the appointment when databinding. Currently the bars color follows the scheme of the owner, so that a blue colored owner will have blue colored bars. I can set the appearance of the backcolor and backcolor2 if I look through them all one at a time, but wondered if there was a way to do depending on a setting somewhere against the appointment? That way I could store this in my data and bind it.

Also, I'd like to change the tooltip for my appointments so they display custom data that relates to my specific items. Is there any way to do this?

Finally, I wonder if its possible to simply have alternating colors for the owners in the timeline view, rather than have each row come out in a different color?

I know there are alot of questions here, but like I said I'm new to these controls and would really appreciate some pointers.

Many thanks,

Karl

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello Karl,

While there is no automatic way to tell the UltraTimelineView to assign alternating colors to owners, you can do it yourself by iterating through the VisibleOwners collection and assign one of any two color schemes to every other owner's Outlook2007ColorScheme property.

Reply Children
No Data