Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
LeftImages memory leak WinForms WinTree
posted

I have a tree with about 1000 nodes.  Each node is assigned an image, there are two types of images, from two Image references.  They are from an Image C# class loaded from a resource.  When I add all my nodes, there are two levels of nodes, lets say 100 parents and 900 children spread throughout. 

With the LeftImages.Add to the node (I also tried Override.NodeAppearance.Image = ) to the same two Image references, they all show up fine, but I get a memory leak of 4 to 20K a second which never stops.  If I comment out the LeftImages.Add it doesn't leak.

Any ideas/workarounds?

Offline posted

Hi,

First, what version of the controls are you using?

AberAber said:
    I get a memory leak of 4 to 20K a second which never stops.

Are you constantly updating the nodes or the images? There is no reason why the memory usage should continue to increase on a per-second basis unless your code is doing something like adding more nodes or creating more images.

Can you post a small sample project demonstrating what you are doing? Are you certain that you are using the same image instance every time? If you are simply referencing resources.imageName then I am pretty sure that every time you get that property value, they return a new instance of the same image.