Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Merging Popup Menus from Panes
posted

Hi,

I have an MDI application that also uses the UltraDockManager for various tools to show on the side of our application.  I have some common context menus that I would like to invoke from either an MDI Child view, or from one of the docked panes, but I would like to be able to add view- or pane- specific items to those menus.  This works great in the views since the toolbars support MDI merging when you set the Toolbars.MdiMergable flag to true, but I can't seem to get that to work on panes.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
~Karen

Parents
No Data
    posted

There is no built in support to merge in menu items based on the current active pane, but you could do this in another way. You could use the UltraToolbarsManager.BeforeToolDropdown event. If the SourceControl on the event args is not null, that means the tool being dropped down is a context menu and the SourceControl is the control that was right-clicked. You could then modify the contents of the menu (or have all tools in the menu from the start and just set their Visibility appropriately) based on the Control for which the context menu is about to display.

Children
No Data