Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SpellChecker, Ignore email address and URIs
posted

Is there any option to instruct the spell checker not to check email addresses. Specifically, the spell checker will come back with 3 words for this string:

donv@people20.com

- don
- people20
- com

I kind of under the the people20.com because the period may signal the end of sentence, but I would expect it to come back with "donv@people20" and "com".

I don't see an option under UltraSpellChecker.SpellOptions to ignore internet type of words. i.e. email addresses and URIs (www.mydomain.com).

And lastly, does the UserDictionary need to be an O/S file, any way to feed it a collection of strings/words, such as a List<string> collection?

Any help would be appreciated.

posted

Hello Danvhagen,

As far as I know at that moment we have not such kind of option to ignore the email address. We could log in our internal system a feature request.

danvhagen said:
    And lastly, does the UserDictionary need to be an O/S file, any way to feed it a collection of strings/words, such as a List<string> collection?

You are able to apply files to properties:

-    ultraSpellChecker1.Dictionary

-    ultraSpellChecker1.UserDictionary

with extension *.dict or  *.txt files.

Please if you have any questions, do not hesitate to write me.

Regards