Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo setting datasource = null is firing RowSelected event!?
posted

New Visual Studio 2010 WinForms C# project and imported existing form containing IG 2009 controls, which were updated to NetAdvantage 2011.

Our practice and existing code would always first our UltraCombo's datasource = null; before setting the datasource = datatable object returned from a SQL procedure call.

I was shocked to see that if the UltraCombo was already bound to a datatable, the calling of the same method to set a datasource is firing the RowSelected event of the combo when combo.datasource = null; is executed! 

Needless to say, this is wreaking havoc in the project and we're looking for direction.

Is this a bug or something new in 2011??

Thanks!

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

I tried this out and I am not seeing this behavior. If I have an UltraCombo with a selected row and I set the DataSource to null, RowSelected does not fire at that point. It does fire when I set the DataSource to something new, though - if the same value it previously had matches up to something on the new list.

This is correct behavior, since the actual Row object is different, even though the Value and text are the same.

I am attaching my sample project here so you can check it out. If I run the sample and click the button, the RowSelected event does not fire. This is correct, since there was no selected row to start with and changing the DataSource has no effect on that.

If I select a row and then click the button, the RowSelected event fires once. This is also correct since the original selected row was destroyed and a new row was created which happens to match the existing Value of the control (the Key field).

WindowsFormsApplication4.zip
Reply Children