Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraControlContainerEditor Question
posted

Hello

Attached you'll find 4 screenshots of a wingrid that is using a UltraControlContainerEditor (UCCE).  The issue that I'm experiencing is when the edit control within the UCCE is painted, it will become distorted under the following scenario:

The "Start" screenshot shows the editor control (which is a user control) contained in the UCCE displayed properly on the last completely visible row in the wingrid.  When I select the row that is partially visible to become the selected row, the grid positions the row so it is completely visible in the grid.  When I go into edit mode of the UCCE, i get the display as shown in the "Next 1" screenshot.  If I continue to do this scenario, each display gets progressive worse (see "Next 2").  Also, the layout of the users control remains distorted on all subsequent displays (see "Final")

In the user control used in the editor containor of the UCCE, all autosize are set to False; the Anchors are all Top,Left; and all object min and max sizes are set to 0,0.  I'm using version 10.2 

Questions

Is this distortion a result of the editor control being drawn beyond the grid?

How can I force the dropdown to stay within the size of it's parent?  Specifically, can I cause the dropdown to spawn above the row?

Can I force the re-rendering of the user control within the UCCE to correct the distortion issue on subsequent uses?

Thanks

Clay Seifert

Start

Next1

Next2

Final

Offline posted

Hi Clay,

I'm a little confused by what I am seeing here. It looks like you are using the UltraControlContainerEditor to place a UserControl in the grid, but that the UserControl is just a single button with a dropdown.

Using UltraControlContainer for this seems like a bit of overkill, since you could achieve the same thing using using a DropDownEditorButton in the cell. But I guess you want the button to fill the whole cell, so that makes sense.

But... if the distortion here is occurring in the DropDown, then I don't see what that could possibly have to do with the UltraControlContainerEditor. The UCCE will resize your UserControl, but I don't see how the resizing of your UserControl could possibly be having any effect on the DropDown, since the dropdown is not contained inside the UserControl - it's being displayed in a dropdown.

What control are you using to provide the dropdown button? I'm guessing it's probably UltraDropDown Button.

What is the control you are placing in the dropdown area? Is that another UserControl? Is is a Panel that is placed on the existing UserControl at design-time?

It appears from these screen shots that the size of the control within the dropdown is changing. So it's important to know what control that is and what (if any) kind of docking or anchoring the controls within that dropdown control are using.

Also... what version of NetAdvantage are you using?