Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ApplyOwnerAppearanceToRenderingControl/EditingControl Usage
posted

Hello

With the ultraControlContainerEditor that I'm using, I've set both of the Owner Appearance settings to true.  The controls that I'm using in the ultraControlContainerEditor are usercontrols containing Infragistics controls.  When the row is selected in the wingrid, neither the renderer or editor control display the SelectedRow styling. What must I do to correct this?

Thank you

Clay Seifert

posted

I do have a control that has dock set to fill.  This's the culprit!

Thanks again

Clay

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Clay,

The UltraControlContainerEditor is going to set properties directly on your UserControl. So that would most likely be the UserControl.BackColor and UserControl.ForeColor.

Now... a typical UserControl doesn't display any text directly - it usually has controls within it that display the text. So the ForeColor probably won't do much unless you trap for changes in the ForeColor property of your UserControl and apply that same color to the controls within it that display text.

The BackColor of a UserControl works, of course, so that should be showing up, and inbox controls like buttons will automatically pick up the BackColor of their parent control by default. So the only way this would not work is if your UserControl contains some other control that is filling the whole control and obscuring the background.