Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Commit a row to UltraWinGrid
posted

Hello,

I need some help here adding a row to this grid which is based on a table.

Currently, I am using OnAfterRowInsert to add a copy of the previous row.  The only problem is the it does not commit the row.  You must type in a cell to get the row to add to the grid.

When you type in a cell a 'gray' row appears below the row being edited.  That functionality is what I need to perform programatically.

Can someone show me how to do that.  Is there something that you can do to get the table to commit the row just added?

Thanks,

Offline posted

Hi,

It sounds like you are talking about the TemplateAddRow. This row doesn't become a "real" row until the user types something in it. But if you want to simulate this and make it a real row in code, what you do is set the AddRowModifiedByUser property on the rows collection to true.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are doing in the AfterRowInsert event, but you probably just need to add something like this:

e.Row.ParentCollection.AddRowModifiedByUser = true;