Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDayView All Day Event when LogicalDayOffset used
posted

Hi,

I have a problem adding an ALL DAY EVENT to a day view. The problem is that they are not visible once I add them to the Appointments collection.

I have so far ascertained that the issue is due to the use of a Logical Day Offset (to limit the visible timeslots to working hours)

Assume I have the following: a LogicalDayOffset of say 9 hours, and a LogicalDayDuration of 8 hours (giving me a DayView of 9am till 5pm)

If I add an all day event (and leave the {startdatetime, enddatetime} of the appointment object as default which is {00:00 hours, 00:30 hours}) it does not appear. This is because for the entire duration of the appointment it does not fall within the logical day settings.

My first question.... Is this by design???

I experimented further, and the set the startdatetime = 00:00hours and enddatetime = 23:59hours. This did make the appointment appear in the alldayeventarea but the only problem with this is that the appointment object had indicators which appear to mean that the appointment duration is LONGER than what is shown - as if the appointment was spread over two days etc.

Is there any way to stop these indicators appearing? The other small side effect is that the appointmentuielement renders with different "corners" - they are more square than the usually rounded corners of appointments (note I am using OFFICE2007 view style)

Unfortunately I can't just choose a startdatetime and enddatetime that will be ALWAYS guaranteed to be within the Logical day Duration. for instance: it is not always 9am till 5pm hence I could not just statically code alldayevents to start at 12midday and end at 1pm.

is there an approach you would recommend to guarantee the alldayevent will appear regardless of logical day settings, and also are there any approaches to make it appear "normal" if it falls outside the logical day settings?

Thanks In Advance
Aaron

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

aaronglover said:
    My first question.... Is this by design???

No. I took a look at the source and it looks like this was fixed in July 2009 as bug 19006.

Regarding the square borders and date continuation elements: that part is by design, based on the premise that the appointment spans more time than the portion of it that is visible. You can probably work around this using a creation filter.

Children
No Data