Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Memo field
posted

Some rows in my data contain a note field which can be large, small or non-exisitant.  When it exists, I'd like to display the note field under the row of other fields like this:

row1  field1     field2      field3      field4

row1 noteField   --------------------------->

row2   field1 field2 field3 field4

row2 noteField --------------------------->

I have this setup using row layout. I would like to have the noteField row height grow and shrink with the contents and be supressed completely when there is no note.    The note grows correctly but is shows even when it is empty.  Is there a way to suppress it when empty, 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

You can hide the cell, using the cell's Hidden property. But I don't think that will help you much, it will just leave an empty space there.

There's no simlpe way to hide the field completely and reclaim the space.

I tried using the InitializeRow event and retrieving the GridBagLayoutManager for the row and modifying it, but it looks like InitializeRow is too late.

The only other way you might possibly do this is with a CreationFilter. You would have to manipulate the other cells in the row to fill up the extra space. But the row would still be big enough to show the empty row.