Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Selection drag throws un-handled expection
posted

Hi All,

I am getting a un-handled exception when selecting one or more row in ultragrid and ctrl+dragging. Problem is unable to handle this issue and unable to find the source.

But after handling the application I got the following stack trace

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid.Infragistics.Win.ISelectionManager.SetInitialSelection(ISelectableItem item)

at Infragistics.Win.SelectionStrategyExtended.OnMouseMove(ISelectableItem item, MouseMessageInfo& msginfo)

at Infragistics.Win.SelectionStrategyExtended.OnMouseMessage(ISelectableItem item, MouseMessageInfo& msginfo)

at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseMoveHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can any one help me to fix this issue or is there any service patches available to fix this issue

Currently I am using 

Infragistics2.win.ultrawingrid.v8.2

File Version: 8.2.20082.2204.

Kindly help me to find a fix for this issue.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

I tried this out in a simple sample project and it works just fine for me. I don't get any exceptions.

So this is probably related to something in your code or some specific property settings you are applying to the grid.

I'm attaching my sample here so you can try it out.

I'm afraid that without knowing the cause of the issue, there's not very much I can think of to help you get around it.

You appear to be using the latest service release for version 8.2, but even so, it is almost 3 years old. That version is no longer being updated. So you might want to consider downloading a trial of the latest version of NetAdvantage and see if the problem has been resolved.

WindowsFormsApplication12.zip
Reply Children