Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCalendarCombo Format Issue
posted

Hi,

I am using an UltraCalendarCombo (version 10.1) control in one the windows application. This application is built for users mainly from US continent. Hence we have set the display format based on US standards: MM/dd/yyyy

One of the users is facing an issue with the application. Screen's which use the above control is throwing an error " Specified cast is not valid "

Tryring to debug the issue, i came across the following problem (Describing it in steps):

1. We have set the following properties for the UltraCalendarCombo Control

A. Allow Null: False

B. Format: MM/dd/yyyy 

2. Set some date in the above format to the "Value" property. 

3. After this try to modify the value by clicking the down arrow key at the right corner of the entry field. An error is thrown 

4. The default value of the "Format" property is "d" and the for "Value" property is "5/10/2011 12:00:00 AM" (Date and Time are part of it).  When i try to reset the values of these properties to their default values and then try to click on the down arrow key at the right corner still get error as "Specified cast is not valid"  

I have attached a sample application for further reference.

Note: When we run the application no error is thrown, only when we try to change the value from the designer this error is thrown.

Can anyone have a look at this and suggest where i am going wrong?

We just want to achieve the following:  Set the display format for the date control to MM/dd/yyyy, and this should work for any user accessing the application irrespective of their geographical location.

Stack Trace on Client machine where error is thrown is as follows:

Error:  Specified cast is not valid.

Process Name: Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinSchedule.v10.1
Win32 Thread Id:    at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraCalendarCombo.IsDateValid(Object newValue, DateValidationError& reason)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinSchedule.UltraCalendarCombo.set_Value(Object value)

Thanks,

Narasimha

UltraCalenderCombo_Sample.zip