Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinTree multi-select dropdown support
posted

I am using UltraWinTree v9.2 (as a grid) and need to implement multi-select drop down (drop down list with checkboxes) functionality on several of the grid cells. I've this with UltraWinGrid by using another grid control embedded into the host grid cell and I was wondering if something similar can be done with the tree control.  Can someone please post a code snippet or a sample project if this is something that can be done. Thanks!

PS. I've seen the following post "Using WinComboEditor as an embedded editor control in WinTree" (Feb 1, 2009 ) but the sample does not seem to work for me for whatever reason, SelectionChanged event never fires. I am using NetAdvantage v9.2

Parents
    Offline posted

exelonbsc said:
    ...but the sample does not seem to work for me for whatever reason, SelectionChanged event never fires

I assume from this that you got as far as assigning an UltraComboEditor to the UltraTreeNodeColumn's EditorComponent property and the dropdown appears when you click the button, etc., and that the problem is the SelectionChanged event not firing.

The event is not supposed to fire when you use the editor that is embedded within the UltraTree, because that event applies to user manipulation of the control itself. UltraTree exposes a CellValueChanged event, which fires when the value of a cell changes, so you should register as a listener to that event.

Another thing to note is that when using a multi-select dropdown, SelectionChanged does not correlate to a change in value, a change in the checkbox state does. The ValueList property of the UltraComboEditor returns the underlying ValueList, which is the same instance used within the tree, and the ValueList classes exposes a CheckedItems collection, which returns a collection of the items that are checked.

Reply Children
No Data