Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinGrid with Columns Fixed Right werid problem...
posted

I have a VERY simple grid.   Only 1 band, not row groupings, no draw filters, nothing just a plain old grid.  And I'm having a weird problem...

There are a bunch of columns in the grid, but only 3 of them are set as "AllowEdit".  The rest of the columns are all set to "Row Select" and "NoEdit".   Ok the 3 "editable" columns are set to be "Fixed-Right" and in fact they are fixed and looks good.  UNTIL I go to edit the values.  In edit mode the edit text is just in weird spots.  It "appears" that the location of the edit text is taking the settings for the column "under" the Fixed Column.

The reason I say "appears" is that when I scroll the grid all the way to the right where there are no columns "under" the fixed rows, the edit mode works fine?   

Any thoughts?

Here is the grid scrolled to the Left:

See how the Edit mode text is wacky?

Here is the same grid scrolled all the way to the right:

See all better.

Pretty odd,  If I click on the "Notes" column you can't even see the cursor.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

I don't remember ever seeing anything like that before.

I tried this out in a simple sample and my sample works fine. I have attached it here so you can check it out and see if it works for you. If it does, then this must be caused by some other factor in your application. If you get the same problem, then that's a good indication that this is a bug in the version of the grid you are using.

WindowsFormsApplication7.zip
Reply Children