Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Date and Time Axis Labels
posted

Hi

I have a chart that displays journey time in seconds over a several days.  The X-axis is based on data that has the format yyyymmddpp where yyyymmdd is a date and pp is the 15 minute time interval in the day from 0-95. I am using the iRender interface to return formatted item labels as date and time period.

The X-axis labels should be the date and time period.  Because of space constraint, I would like to label the X-axis with only the time period i.e 00:00-23:45 and have the date shown below the time period labels only once per day.  The time periods would be shown as vertical labels on the X-axis with the date below as horizontal label.

Is this possible?

Any help greatly appreciated.

James

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

That will be tricky. using IRenderLabel only allows you to format a string, but here you'll need to create 2 separate labels. Actually, it sounds like most points will have one label (time period) and every so often, you'll need to add an extra label. If you really want to have a combination of vertical and horizontal labels, you will have to add the extra dates in FillSceneGraph event. What if in your IRenderLabel implementation, you formatted the first period of the day with the full date and time and all other periods in that same day with just the time. Then, when you hit the next day, you put a full label again, and so on.