Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem formating cell value
posted

Hallo,

Ich have a ultra grid with a column that contains a double value. I want to display the engineering unit within the cell. The problem is, that rows can have different engineering units. The Format property is only at the column and not at the cell.

But I don't want to write the double value and the engineering unit as string in the cell, because I want to filter the double value.

Any body an idea?

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

There are a lot of ways you could acheive what you want here. But it depends on a number of factors. 

You could implement this using a CreationFilter - which would allow you to change the text being drawn by the grid without affecting the value. 

You could use a DrawFilter to draw the text yourself - again this would not affect the value.

You could use a DataFilter to translate the value to and from the displayed text.