Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Group summaries
posted

I have a grid with groups (portfolio, deal type, currency)

I want to add summaries for currency amount, for each currency.

The thing is in the portfolio and dealtype level, I want to show separate summaries for each of the currencies( I cannot aggregate for example CHF + USD).

One way I thought to do, is to calculate myself, the summaries, and write myself into each level header.

But I dont know how to do- I dont know how to write, into the headers, or how to aggregate.

I want it this way:

Portfolio: NOSK
        Deal type: Yazig
                Currency: CHF

Summaries for CHF:

Currency: USD

Summaries for USD:
        Deal type: Bursay
                Currency: EUR

Summaries for EUR:

Summaries for USD:
        Summaries for EUR in NOSK:
        Summaries for USD in NOSK: 
        Summaries for CHFin NOSK:

Portfolio: ILSP
        Deal type: Yazig

Summaries for EUR:

Summaries for USD:
        Deal type: Bursay

Summaries for EUR:

Summaries for USD:
        Summaries for EUR in ILSP:
        Summaries for USD in ILSP:

Grand summaries for EUR:
Grand summaries for USD:

Grand summaries for CHF: 

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

What I would do is add all of the summaries you need to the band. So you need a summary for the Currency Amount; that's the easy one.

Assuming that the currencies you are dealing with are constant and you know what they are, then you would add an addition summary to the band for each one. For these, you would need to use an ICustomSummaryCalculator. This will allow you to calculate a summary which only looks at one currency and ignores the values of rows that have a different currency.

Then you would have to use a CreationFilter to remove these extra summaries on the levels where you don't want them to appear.

All of this can be pretty tricky if you have never used an ICustomSummaryCalculator or a CreationFilter before.

If you have trouble with it, try creating a small sample project with same sample data and post is here and I will see if I can point you in the right direction.

Children
No Data