Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
solution upgrade utility
posted

Doesn't work, errors out with this message:

"xxx.csproj appears to be read-only or not accessible for some reason."

This file is not read-only...the whole project is checked out and not read only.

What is the use of something like this if it won't ever work?

posted

If you're talking about a upgrading a project that checks out with TFS. Upgrade the project on your machine locally, then check out with TFS.

Elizabeth from the Infragistics Team answered a similar question here that has more detail: http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/53617/277886.aspx#277886

posted

and even if i uncheck read-only on the whole project/solution (which I don't want to do nor think I should have to), I get these two errors from the error log:

11:20:08: Analyzing CareTracker.Web.UI.csproj...

11:20:08: The following project needs to have its references updated: 

11:20:08: Could not load the project. Plaese see the Log file for more details.

11:20:08: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.

Parameter name: startIndex

11:20:08:    at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)

at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.File.Types.WebFile.GetCurrentAssembliesCLR(String assemblyRegisterTag)

at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.File.Types.WebFile.Analyze()

at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.File.Types.AdditionalFiles.AddFile(String fileName, Boolean includeCodeBehindFiles, List`1 listOfAssemblies)

at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.File.Types.ProjectFile.Analyze()

11:20:23: Upgrading Solution CareTracker.sln

11:20:23: Updating CareTracker.UI.csproj...

11:20:23: No matching assembly located in available assemblies Infragistics3.Excel.v10.1

11:20:23:    at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.ProductAssemblies.AssemblyList.AssemblyNameChange(String assemblyName, Int32 versionLocation, XmlNamespaceManager xmlNamespaceManager, String& assemblyNameNoVersion, Boolean ignoreErrors)

at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.ProductAssemblies.AssemblyList.FindNewAssemblyNode(String assemblyName)

at Infragistics.VersionUtilitySupport.Core.File.Types.ProjectFile.Upgrade(String rootDirectory)