Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
selecting and copying summary values
posted

We have a grid where our customers are requesting that they need to be able to select and copy out the summary values of the grid (along with cell values).  We understand that this is not possible with the current version (we are using 10.3).  

We have been working on some workarounds for this.  The first is to use mouse/keyboard events to handle selecting logic ourselves.  We have it almost working, but the code is very sluggish and buggy.  We would rather not go this route if there is a better solution.

The second, which we have not played with, has to do with the ISelectableItem and the Selection Strategy methodology.  I was reading the information in the following link:

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2010.2/CLR2.0/html/Win_Selection_Strategies.html

From what I understand, we cannot just create a new class that inherits from SummaryValue and ISelectableItem and use these on the grid to have them able to be selected.  We must implement a custom ISelectionManager that deals with selecting the next item, etc.  Am I correct in this assumption?

Do you think it would be more worthwhile for us to use the Selection Strategy methodology?  Do you have any examples of using this methodology on a wingrid so that we can select the summary values?  We do not have a lot of time to spend on this, so if it is too much work to implement this, then we probably won't go this route.

Any suggestions or help on this would be appreciated (from anyone).

Also, do you ever plan to add this to the base functionality of the wingrid?  We have submitted this request in the past but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Parents Reply Children
No Data