Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Exception using UltraWinDock....
posted

Hi,

Currenlty I'm using the WinForms NetAdvantage 10.3 trial edition. In my application I've got the following exception which I can only catch in the Application_ThreadException. I have no idea what can generate this. Any suggestion is welcome.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.PaneSettingsResolved.AdjustAppearancePropertiesForCaptionLocation(DockedLocation dockedLocation, Color topColor, Color bottomColor, AppearanceData& appearance, AppearancePropFlags& requestedProps)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.PaneSettingsResolved.ResolveCaptionAppearance(AppearanceData& appearance, AppearancePropFlags& requestedProps, Boolean isActive, Boolean isHot)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockablePaneBase.PaneMetrics.UpdateCaptionSizeInfo()

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockablePaneBase.PaneMetrics.UpdateSizeInformation()

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockablePaneBase.PaneMetrics.get_CaptionSize()

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.PaneUIElement.PositionPaneElements(Rectangle workRect, DockablePaneBase pane, UIElementsCollection oldElements)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.PaneUIElement.PositionChildElements()

at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)

at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockableWindowUIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)

at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(Boolean recursive)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.WindowDockingAreaUIElement.EnsureChildrenControlElementsVerified()

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.WindowDockingAreaUIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)

at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(Boolean recursive)

at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.VerifyIfElementsChanged(Boolean verify, Boolean syncMouseEntered)

at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.get_CurrentCursor()

at Infragistics.Win.ManagedContainerControlBase.get_Cursor()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmSetCursor(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you in advance,

razvan

Offline posted

Hello Razvan,

I can not determine what is the casue of this issue only by looking at the stack trace. Are you using multhithreading? If not could you please provide me small sample reproducing your issue or some specific steps to reproduce that I would be able to follow at my end in order to reproduce the mentioned behavior?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.