Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Save ultragrid entire's layout (ie cell's color included)
posted

Hi,

I would like to know if it could be possible to save all ultragrid layout (including back and font colors for example).

I have an application that loads several tables (but only one at a given time), let the user modifiy few ultragrid properties and then save the layout. If the same datasource is reloaded, the application must be able to reload the ultragrid appearence.

I have seen that the DisplayLayout object has 'Save' and 'Load' methods, but using this functionality only saves/loads the overall ultragrid look, columns order, sort, filters and fixed header (NOT fixed rows, that is inconsistent with headers). It does not persist cells particular properties.

To achieve what I wanted to do (it's just an idea), if I use the DisplayLayout's 'Load' functionality - and if there is no fixed row - , the data structure would be the same as when the user had saved it, ie each cell has the same location than before the save. It could be then possible to reapply cell appearence based on row and column position.

Thanks in advance

Rico 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Rico,

The grid does not (and cannot) save any row-level state information. It can't do this because this is dependent on the data and it would be horribly inefficient for the grid to save the data along with the layout.