Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to allow column overrun into column to it's right
posted

I have a column in my grid that will almost always have text that is longer than the column width and the column to the right of it is almost always blank.  How can I allow this column to overrun into the column to it's right when it's empty like Excel?

Or is there a way I can check the cells during initialize row and merge the two cells?

Offline posted

You could probably do this with a creation filter, although off the top of my head it sounds like a messy endeavor. Only cells that have common values are merged, and on top of that I don't think the grid merges cells horizontally, only vertically, because cells from different columns seldom share any commonality.

Offline posted

Hi,

There's no built-in way to do this in the grid. You might be able to acheive what you want using a DrawFilter. Basically, you would have to handle the drawing of whatever element is drawing the text of the cell and cancel it - thus telling the cell not to draw any text. Then you handle the drawing yourself in the DrawForeGround phase of another, larger element like the row and draw the text yourself.