Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
GroupBy question
posted

Hello,

I am using the ultragrid as a control in my form and one of the features that I am using is the GroupBy feature. I am trying to figure out how once I have the group expanded, if I want to select the items in a particular column; not the column I am currently grouped on of course, how can I go about doing this. Is there a way to figure out which group I am currently dealing with programmatically?

Currently, I have a menu and on that menu I have options to select all items of the column I just clicked on. This works perfectly for me when I am not in GroupBy mode, however, when I am in GroupBy mode I just want to select all column items in that group not all items in the column from the whole grid. Can anyone assist me with this issue? Please advise.

Adrian

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Adrian,

I'm a little unclear on what you mean by "the items in a particular column". You mean cells?

If you have the GroupByRow, then you should have all the information you need. To determine which column is being grouped, use the Column property of the UltraGridGroupByRow. To get the child rows of that column, use the Rows property.