Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
set ComboEditor Value in code
posted

I am having problems with a basic functionality:  I am trying to set the value of an UltraComboEditor in code and the combo is reading the int value as a string and not changing the displayed value to the related display member text.  The combo is bound to a dataset for its list items but is not  binded to any underlying record field.  So with:

mycombo.DataMember = "MyIntID";
mycombo.DisplayMember = "MyStringField";
mycombo.SetDataBinding(MyDataTable, "");

this displays the list OK.  Now, in code after some other field is changed:

mycombo.Value = MyInt;

After this, mycombo displays the number of MyInt and not the related string display member.  Also, mycombo.Value shows "10" when the MyInt ==10 (that is to say, the string value.

If I bind the combo to an underlying field, all workds:

mycombo.DataBindings.Add(new Binding("Value", MyDataSet,"MyTable.MyFieldID"));

Now when the record changes, the correct display member is displayed and the mycombo.Value property shows an int and not the string value, e.g., mycombo.Value shows 10 and not "10".

To recap:  I want to have an combo that's dropdown is filled with a dataset, but the combo is not bound to any record field; then I want to change the display value in the list in code by setting the Value or whatever field is appropriate with the integer ID of the DisplayMember's key.

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
No Data