Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with tab inside datetimepicker
posted
I am needing to be able to tab to my next control from my wineditdatetimepicker component, and for some reason, i am never getting the tab event to let me change to the next control. I have set the tab property to NextControl, I have even tried to capture the keys before the event fires to test what is happeneing (using ProcessKeyDialogue function) and even that does not let me continue to the next control.....could someone let me know if I must set another property???
    Offline posted

Hi,

You normally do not have to do anything to get this to work. What you are describing is the default behavior.

You cannot catch the Tab key on (almost) any control, because the DotNet Form class catches it and automatically handles tabbing behavior to tab to the next control.

So unless you are developing in some other environment other than a DotNet Windows Forms application, you should not have to do anything to get tabbing to work unless your code or something else in your application is interfering with it.