Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Visual Inheritance and UltraFormManager
posted

What is the easiest way to make all of my forms in my application look like they do when I manually drag and drop an UltraFormManager to each form's designer surface, while being able to set any of the UltraFormManager properties in one place and have it apply to all the forms?

I have a base form that all other forms inherit from, and would like to have a property that those forms can set in the designer to toggle the UltraFormManager on and off.  I had it working nicely except that when I saved the forms that inherited from the base form with the UltraFormManager in effect 'on', and reopened them in the WinForms designer or at runtime, they would get grow each time.  It may have been the 33 pixels in height and 8 in width that I read in another post.  Any ideas?

Even if allowing the forms that inherit from the base form to toggle the UltraFormManager on and off is too difficult, I'd like to create a form that inherits from the base form and add the UltraFormManager  to it, and then allow other forms to inherit from that one.   This didn't seem to work at all for me.