Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
String Data Masking In UltraWinGrid
posted

I have a read only UltraWinGrid grid and would like to enforce a pseudo-PII (personal identity information) mask onto the data - like an ATM bank slip. For instance, I have a SSN number and want the last four characters displayed but the characters leading up to this are substituted with an asterix (*) - before anyone asks, the data is actually stored & returned as a string not a number.

I was able to place a MaskInput onto the column like "CCCC******" and get the first four characters displayed with the rest being masked. When I reversed this format string "******CCCC") what I actually ended up with in the last four positions were the first four (not last four) data characters.

Anyone have any bright ideas how to creating a masking string like this for data display/protection.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

I don't think you can do this with a mask.

If the grid is read-only, then this would be easy to do with a DataFilter, instead. You only have to handle the EditorToDisplay conversion and nothing else.

Another option would be to hide the "real" column of data in the grid and add in an unbound column to display what you want. Then you just handle the IniitalizeRow event and change the string to whatever you want.

Children
No Data