Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom text box over a cell and a dropdown
posted

Hi,

I'm on the way to putting custom text box over a cell when it's in edit mode. I have the problem with having the text box put over the cell that has the dropdown list opened.

With a cell that doesn't have a dropdown, putting text box over it is straightforward. On AfterCellEnteredEditMode, the cell actually leaves edit mode and the text box is put over the cell. With a dropdown cell it doesn't work that way, because leaving edit mode also closes the dropdown list, that seems the right thing to do though. However the question remains: how to show the dropdown list opened (UltraComboEditor) and the text box over the textual part of the cell?

I found exiting edit mode before putting custom text box important as otherwise a) the custom text box and the cell will fight who will take focus b) after custom text box updates the value of the cell, the cell is still in edit mode technically and I'm not sure about the further behaviour.

Using editing EditorComponent is not possible for us.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Vitaly