Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDateTimeEditor PerformAction functionality is broken
posted

I have an UltraDateTimeEditor in a grid. I've written code so that when the control is entered, the cursor is moved to the first position and the first section is highlighted. This allows for easy data entry since there is no position changing necessary by the user to select the first section before beginning to edit the date.

To accomplish this behavior, I've used the UltraDateTimeEditor.PerformAction(MaskedEditAction.FirstCharater, false, false) to move to the first position. Then I call UltraDateTimeEditor.PerformAction(MaskedEditAction.SelectSection, false, false) to highlight the month section in my case. This behavior worked at one point, but now it seems that the first key that is pressed is being sent into la la land. For instance, if you type 12, the 1 is thrown away, and the 2 is entered into the highlighted section. The pressing of the 1 key does not fire the ValueChanged event or the TextChanged event. It's as though it was never pressed.

I am using the PerformAction functions throughout code to move to the next section once the text is valid and to allow the user to navigate between sections without being required to use the mouse. Every time I call one of those built in Actions, my first key is being thrown away.

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this ridiculous behavior. It seems that it appeared once we upgraded to service release 10.2.20102.2058. It's difficult to imagine a product being released with such basic functionality broken.

Glenn

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Glen,

Based on you description I was able to reproduce the issue. I discussed it with my senior colleagues and we decide to open for you a case with ID  (CAS-54688-JFZ2N7)  so I will update you in the case with more information.

Thank you.

Children
No Data