Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo and UltraComboEditor Null Text Appearances
posted

I have built two classes each inherits one of the classes above.  I built in some extra properties and used overrides to change the behavior slightly.  One difference that is making me scratch my head a little is the NullText appearance.  I used the AppStylist to modify the Base/NullText Role.  This has effectively changed the appearance for both controls, almost.  I have specified that NullText be Italicized, but only the ComboEditor honors this aspect of the Role style.  All of the other options are fine, text size, text color and background image.  The italicized text is the only one that isn't applying in the same manner.  Is this something that I just have to deal with?  I think I can override the OnCreateControl() for the ComboBox but since the UltraCombo doesn't have a specific NullTextAppearance I would have to try and manage the italics by evaluating the value and then reseting.  That just seems a little much.  Perhaps I am missing something else?