Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
serialize when loadfromXML
posted

Hi, we have a custom IN operator in our filter on the grid and we were saving the setting into xml.  But when LoadFromXML,  we need to serialize the IN operator  in order to get the filter working.  Actually we need to serialize  a property in our custom FilterCondition.  But  I cannot use CompareValue to do this because I use it to store display text instead.      I tried to serialize the property manually by implementing void GetObjectData(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context) and deserialize it with the constructor (SerializationInfo information, StreamingContext context) but that didn’t seem to work.

Any idea how I can do this without cramming everything (my property and the display text) into CompareValue?

Thank you!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Assuming the type of the thing you are serializing is marked as serializable, you should be able to assign an instance of it to the Tag property.

Children
No Data