Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraTabControl replace text on "Next" and "Previous" tooltips
posted

When the tab control has more tabs than can be displayed, two buttons appear to move to the next or previous tabs, and these buttons have tooltips of "Next" and "Previous".  We localize our application, so I tried to find these strings in the resource strings (http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2010.2/CLR2.0/). I found what seemed likely ("TabManagerScrollNext" and "TabManagerScrollPrevious"), but this didn't replace the strings.  The only other strings I found with "Next" and "Previous" were the resources "TaskPaneNextButtonToolTip" and "TaskPanePreviousButtonToolTip" which didn't seem likely, but I tried it and it also didn't work.

I've done the string customization several times before, and am making the calls for these strings in the same place, and the other strings are working, so doing the customization correctly isn't be the problem.  Am I missing the actual string resource, are these string resources just undocumented, or is it just coming from somewhere else that doesn't use the resources?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi,

I guess you are making instance of UltraWinTabControl resource customizer (Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.Resources.Customizer), but since the strings are located under the Win assembly you need to use the following code:

Infragistics.Shared.ResourceCustomizer rc;
                    rc = Infragistics.Win.Resources.Customizer;

rc.SetCustomizedString("TabManagerScrollNext", "TheNext");
                    rc.SetCustomizedString("TabManagerScrollPrevious", "ThePrevious");
                    rc.SetCustomizedString("TabManagerScrollFirst", "TheFirst");
                    rc.SetCustomizedString("TabManagerScrollLast", "TheLast");
                    rc.SetCustomizedString("TabManagerScrollPreviousPage", "ThePreviousPage");
                    rc.SetCustomizedString("TabManagerScrollNextPage", "TheNextPage");

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2010.2/CLR2.0/?page=Win_Resource_Strings.html

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Dimi
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.

Reply Children
No Data