Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Disable export for specific columns with sensitive data
posted

Hi,

I have a grid with multiple columns and one of these columns contains the identity no of the customer. To format the output at runtime,  I have done this

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinEditors.UltraTextEditor s = new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinEditors.UltraTextEditor();
s.PasswordChar = '*';
s.ReadOnly =
true;
currentCol.EditorControl = s;

This allows the user to search for the identity but he cannot see it directly. However, as soon as I export the grid the identity number displays in the excel sheet.

Is there a way to either disable the specific column for exporting or have it exported as *?

Offline posted

Hi,

This was fixed back at the end of 2009. So you are probably using an old version of the control.

How to get the latest service release - Infragistics Community

You could also handle the BeginExport event of the UltraGridExcelExporter and use the layout passed in to the event to hide the column. This layout is a clone of the on-screen grid's layout, so modifying it affects the export without affecting the on-screen grid.