Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SelectionChangeCommitted Event
posted

In the documentation about the event SelectionChangeCommited it says: Fired when a selection change is committed.  My question may sounds stupid but, what exactly means "committed" in this context?  What happens inside the control (or related controls) when "a selection change is committed"? Could you give me more details please?  Thanks.

Offline posted

I think this means that the SelectedIndexChanged event is fired in any change even by code, but this event is fired only when the user selects an item.

Offline posted

It isn't a stupid question, MS was equally vague in their description of that event for the ComboBox control and it looks like we followed suit there. The event fires when the user selects a value from the dropdown that is different than the currently selected value, and also when the user selects an item via the arrow keys when the dropdown is closed.