Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
CellChange Event not firing when programtically setting data column in underlying datatable
posted

If I change the value of the underlying datatable (boolean field, checkbox column) that is bound to a WinGrid - the CellChange event does not seem to fire.  It only fires when the checkbox column is clicked with the mouse.  How do I get that event to fire if the I programtically set the value of the checkbox.

Thanks

Scott

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Scott,

The purpose of an event is to tell you when the user did something, or to tell you that something happened that was not triggered by your code.

If you are changing the value of a field in the data source of the grid, then you know you did it and you don't need an event to tell you so.

This is something of a gray area, of course. Many events do fire in response to both code changes and user changes, but CellChange is not one of them - it only fires in response to a change in the cell via the UI and only when a cell is in edit mode.

What are you doing in CellChange that you need it to fire in this case? The InitializeRow event will fire when the grid gets a notification from the data source that something in the row has changed. So maybe you can use that event, instead.