Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid Sort
posted

I'm noticing a very odd behavior with column sorting in the grid.  Upfront I will admit we are still on infragistics version 2010.1 (we had a release upcoming and couldn't wait for the multiple group by issue to be fixed)

I have a grid where for one column I have implemeneted a custom grid sorter (of type IComparer) and assigned that to the column's .SortComparer property.

While debugging another operation, I had need to disable all sorting.  So in the grid's _BeforeSortChange event I set e.cancel = true;

When I did so, I noticed that clicking on a column header, while not performing a sort, still seemed to lock the UI thread briefly (for a very large dataset, after clicking the column header I was unable to focus any other component for a few seconds).

I put a breakpoint in Visual Studio in the _AfterSortChange event and never hit it.

However, I also put a breakpoint in my custom sort class's Compare() method and that one gets hit.

It *seems* as if, even though the cancel is set to true in the _BeforeSortChange method and no visual sort is performed, the sorting "logic" is still being performed by the grid.

For the record, I am not calling a RefreshSort() anywhere in the grid or in any other way kicking off a manual sort.

Is this behavior intended?  If so is there some way I can work around it (besides dynamically adding / removing the sort class from the column).

Thanks,

Chris Rowland

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data