Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo and WinGrid Performance DataSource with Entity Framework
posted

Hi,

Sorry for my English.  I use Infragistics and Entity Framework in my WinForm project.  I have a performance problem about binding data to UltraCombo and WinGrid via DataSource property.

Here is the part the source code in question :

List<RefStatutPersonne> elems = this.Entities.RefStatutPersonnes.ToList();
       _ultraCombo_StatutPersonnes.DataSource = elems;
       _ultraCombo _StatutPersonnes.DisplayMember = "Nom";
       _ultraCombo _StatutPersonnes.ValueMember = "ID";

To retrieve data is fast but the slowness occurs when I assign the elems variable to DataSource property.  The elems variable has only 13 records and the binding time is very slow.

Have you idea?

Do it exists performance consideration to apply to binding data to Infragistics with Entity Framework?
I work with Visual Studio 2010 and NetAvantage 10.1 CLR2x.

Thanks

Stéphane

Parents
    posted

Hi Stéphane,

I couldn’t get this behavior on my machine. Without more details, this is what I can suggest you:

WinGrid Performance Guide which is applicable and for ultraCombo. If it is possible to provide me with more details as a small sample illustrating the described, I will be glad to research your question further.

Regards,

Stefaniya

Reply Children
No Data