Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UseMnemonic property in UltraButton does not display mnemonics
posted

My project currently uses a mix of Microsoft's Windows Forms controls for legacy UIs and Infragistics controls for more recently-developed UIs.  I have noticed an apparent discrepancy in the UseMnemonic property for the Windows Forms Label and the UltraButton controls.   No other posts on the forums here appear to address this issue.

For example, if I have a label on a Windows Form in VB6 with a caption of "&Name", the N in "Name" is underlined to show that it is a hotkey.  However, if I have an UltraButton with "&Cancel" as its text in a form with a C# back-end, the first C in "Cancel" does not display as a mnemonic until I press the Alt key.  In both controls, I have set UseMnemonic to True.

For a label in VB6, UseMnemonic "returns/sets a value that specifies whether an & in a Label's Caption property defines an access key."  For an UltraButton, UseMnemonic "determines whether mnemonics are displayed and processed."  Why would enabling the same property cause different behavior in those two controls?  I expected that they would be the same.  I would like the C# form to display the mnemonics in the same way that the VB6 form displays them.  Is there another property in UltraButton or another Infragistics control that I can use in order to ensure this result?

Thanks in advance.

Parents Reply Children
No Data