Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinGrid - DisplayLayout.LoadStyle = LoadStyle.LoadOnDemand
posted

I am trying to get DisplayLayout.LoadStyle = LoadStyle.LoadOnDemand working on my grid. 

I create a DataSet that contains a number of DataTables linked by DataRelations.  If I set the DisplayLayout.LoadStyle = LoadStyle.PreLoadRows, the grid automatically displays the data with (+) and (-) indicators to expand/collapse rows that have child rows.  Ok so far.

[Now, I set the DisplayLayout.LoadStyle of the grid set to LoadStyle.LoadOnDemand. The reason I want to try LoadOnDemand is that if I have more than 8 DataTables in the DataSet the grid starts responding very slowly.  ]

I create the DataSet and set the DataSource of the grid to the DataSet.  When the screen finally loads nothing shows in the grid.  The correct data is in the DataSet.  What else am I missing here?

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I can't see any reason why setting the LoadStyle would cause the grid to be completely blank. LoadStyle will not, in fact, have any effect on the root-level rows in the grid. Are you sure you are not changing anything else?