Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Group By Sorting
posted

I've seen a couple other posts in regards to sorting a group by column by another column, however, none of them had solutions. In my case I'm sorting by a summary value. Prior to us upgrading to the 9.2 controls, from version 8.3, my code worked fine. However, after the upgrade the sorting has a problem. I set the GroupByComparer to a custom IComparer class. Upon the initial group by or sort all is well. However, subsequent sorts on the group by column does nothing. The custom GroupByComparer is called, however, it appears to sort it the same regardless of ASC or DESC. Any ideas why this is now a problem? Is there something I can do to get this working properly again?

I've attached a sample app. To reproduce the issue please group by Col2, the group by rows should now be sorted by the sum of Col1. Next click on the Col2 group by column in the group by box. As you should see the group by rows do not sort.

The sample app has two windows apps. InfragisticsSample uses the 9.2 controls and is the one which does not work. InfragisticsSample2 uses the 8.3 controls and does work properly. The only difference between the two projects are the grid version.

Thanks in advance.

GroupSortSample.zip
    Offline posted

Hello,

As you know this has been resloved base on our converastion at the following case:

"CAS-44855-ZQ6RB"

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any other assistance.