Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tab key on last row not firing
posted

I have multiple 9.2 windows form UltraGrids which we set the cellclickaction to rowselect. However, we need to allow the user's to be able to tab through the cells so they can copy out values to allow them to write macros. For the most part everything works fine. We take the index of the cell they clicked on and store it. When they hit ctrl+C we copy the value to the clipboard and then they can paste whereever they want and write whatever macros they desire. I have managed to get the tab key to work fine 99% of the time as well by just capturing the event and increasing the index, as well as using the AboveRow and BelowRow to move to the next datarow. The problem occurs when they tab to the first or last row. The row gets selected and they can copy out the value, however, the tab event stops firing and so they cannot iterate through the different cell values. I assume this is related to us utilizing the RowSelect feature, but is there any way around this so that we can allow the users to do this with the tab key? I've tried to incorporate our logic in the KeyDown and PerformAction events but with no luck. Change the grid to CellSelect isn't an option. Any suggestions would be helpful. Also, just in case you needed to see what we're doing for yourself I have attached a real quick sample. Thanks in advance.

TabSample.zip