Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cell Tooltip
posted

I am customizing each grid cell's ToolTipText in the grid's InitializeRow() event.  The tooltips display properly -- each cell has the desired tooltip text.

However, I want to style the tooltips using the UltraToolTipManager component.  So I drop one on the form containing my grid, and set the .DisplayStyle to BalloonTip.

result:  No change in the style of my tooltip!  It's still the windows default rectangle. 

If I set the grid's UltraToolTip properties, I get a nice balloon tip for the whole grid, and sometimes it will display at the same time as the cell tooltip!  What I would like to happen is the the cell tooltip assumes the display style of the UltraToolTipManager. 

I am using version 2010.1 of the WinForms controls.

Advice appreciated.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Placing a ToolTipManager on the form has no effect on the grid's build-in tooltips. The grid doesn't know about the TooltipManager - the properties of the ToolTipManager only affect the ToolTips of the TooltipManager itself.

You should check out the sample included with NetAdvantage called "ToolTips with Context". There's a sample in both VB and C# and it shows how to use ToolTipmanager to apply different tooltips to different part of a grid, such as different cells.

It installs to a folder which is something like:

...\2010.2\Samples\WinMisc\CS\ToolTipManager\ToolTips with Context CS