Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Woking in mdi
posted

I want to have an Mdi with treeview of its mdi child forms.

I am new to this control.

I have a few questions.

I added a dockmanager and a UltraTree to the mdi window. I add the ultretree to the dockmanager.

1. I want to have the 4 arrows when I drag the tree but I dont have them. I  only have the pin and X.

2. After the user closes with X. How can they open it again?

3. Is it posible to make the mdi child  forms also dockable?I need to make it in running time, because they will open

Only when the user chooses to do so.

4. I dont want the mdi child forms to hide the tree, or vice versa. I want the limits to touch each other

when they are expanded. Also the I want the forms to touch the limits of each other in the same way.

Suggested Answer
    posted

drpoalim said:

1. I want to have the 4 arrows when I drag the tree but I dont have them. I  only have the pin and X.

Set the UltraDockManager.DragWindowStyle to OutlineWithIndicators or LayeredWindowWithIndicators.

drpoalim said:
    2. After the user closes with X. How can they open it again?

The ability to reopen closed panes must be implemented by you in your UI. The typical way to do this is with menu items. This is how VS allows you to open closed panes.

drpoalim said:

3. Is it posible to make the mdi child  forms also dockable?I need to make it in running time, because they will open

Only when the user chooses to do so.

You can make DockableControlPanes into mdi child forms. You can do this at run-time by setting IsMdiChild to True on the DockableControlPane. Then at run-time, the user can right-click on the caption of the mdi child and turn it back into a dock pane.

drpoalim said:

4. I dont want the mdi child forms to hide the tree, or vice versa. I want the limits to touch each other

when they are expanded. Also the I want the forms to touch the limits of each other in the same way.

If the tree is docked, this should work automatically. The MdiClient, which hosts the mdi children, is docked to Fill in the mdi parent Form, which means it will take all space not used by the other docked controls. The docked panes are docked to the edges of the Form, so the MdiClient will not take up this space.