Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AfterRowActivate event fires unexpectedly
posted

Hi,

It seems like the AfterRowActivate event fires one extra time when I am first loading my grid.  Here is the scenario:

-First I populate a generic List<> object with my data.

-Next I set the data source of my grid to my generic list object.

-At this point I handle the InitializeLayout event of the grid.  One of my coding statements is to set the active row of the grid to null.

At this point my "Load" method ends and the grid shows itself. When this happens I am able to set a break point in the AfterRowActivate event of the grid.  My code breaks here and there is no call stack to trace back on.  The only code listed is the AfterRowActivate event that I am in.  I am not sure where this event is being triggered from.  It is throwing me off because a row on the grid ends up being activated and selected.

I am not using a binding source, so I don't think it is from the binidng manager activating a row, but I am not sure.  Do you know where this last AfterRowActivate event comes from?

Thanks!

Steve