Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Resizing Grid Columns
posted

Hi,

I have a need to size all of my grid's columns to the width of the header text or longest cell text... whichever value is greater.

Currently, I am looping through all of the columns in my grid and I call the following method to size each column:

column.CalculateAutoResizeWidth(PerformAutoSizeType.VisibleRows, true)

I used to use the "PerformAutoSizeType.AllRowsInBand" parameter, but I came across a case where I had too many rows in the grid and the resize routine took too long.

The "PerformAutoSizeType.VisibleRows" parameter works, but I think this only works on the few rows at the top of the grid that are visible.  Is there a method that I can use that will base the resizing on a given number of rows in the grid... like the first 100 rows?

Thanks!

Steve

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Steve,

FYI, switching to CalculateAutoResizeWidth from PerformAutoResize was not neccessary. Both of these methods take a PerformAyutoResizeType. So you could have just passed in VisibleRows into PerformAutoResize and saved yourself a step.

Anyway... there is also an overload of PerformAutoResize which allows you to pass in an integer representing a number of rows, so you can pass in 100.

Reply Children
No Data