Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can I Parse FormattedTextEditor HTML into simple text
posted

Hi,

I am using the FormattedTextEditor on a detail page to capture notes with formatting and images etc and I save this HTML to a field in my table.  On the master page which lists all the 'detail' I want to try and display the simple text in an UltraGrid.  Is there a simple way to programmatically take the HTML, strip the HTML and images and just return the simple text?

Cheers

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

So you want to show the raw text in the grid without any formatting?

Why not simply set the column's Style property to FormattedText and show the formatted text in the grid with colors and formatting and all?

I'm not sure if there's any really easy or efficient way to strip out the formatting. Maybe what you could do is set the column's Style to FormattedText, but hide that column. Then add an unbound column to the grid and use the InitializeRow event to populate the unbound cell using the Text property of the hidden, bound cell. I could be wrong, but I think the Text property on the cell will probably return the unformatted text.